Connor Nelson
3/30/16
A doll's house alternate ending
Santos/Smith
NORA: [with a sudden excitement]I still have hope that we can have a good, more healthy relationship Torvald, don't you believe that as well?
TORVALD: Oh Nora...after thinking about it, I believe it is better for you to go.
NORA: What? Why? Didn't you just say how much you wanted me to stay?
TORVALD: Yes, but that was the past. I have come to realize how far I've come to gain my reputation and the amount of authority I have in the community, and even at the bank. Do you even have a clue what people will think of me when they find out I am married to a liar? You must go.
NORA: No Torvald! They don't need to find out! We can keep it our little secret you know, I'm sure we can just believe me!
TORVALD: [angrily] No Nora that is not possible. People will find out sooner or later, and then, can you imagine how far down my reputation will go? I believe almost as low at Krogstads. Maybe even worse! I mustn't risk it.
NORA: But TORVALD...
TORVALD: [interrupting Nora] Stop this nonsense Nora and leave. Pack your things and go. You best not go against my word.
NORA: [sadly] Okay Torvald, okay. May I at least take the children. It's all I ask!
TORVALD: Do you think a mother like you will be suitable for them? You are a liar and an awful role model. Now leave at once!
[the children enter due to all the yelling]
CHILDREN: What's wrong?
TORVALD: Nothing my child, now go back to bed. Your mother was just going out for awhile. Isn't that right Nora?
NORA: [with a long pause,finally giving up] Oh, yes I was just going out, that's all. I will be back soon children do not worry.
[Torvald walks Nora to the door and slams it behind her]
[curtain closes]
I commented on:
ReplyDeleteJames
Nadia
Emily
Darian
I like the twist you did with the ending. You made it seem that Torvald was the one that actually wanted to have Nora leave. It was a really nice ending from the way that Torvald thinks
ReplyDeleteNice incorporation of the children and I like the twist.
ReplyDeleteI like the way you showed Torvald's true character that we've seen through the whole story. I feel like as a character we felt bad for him because of his needy wife, but now we see who he really is. Way to bring his character to light. I enjoyed reading this very much.
ReplyDelete